MedCare Equipment Company is committed to offering high quality home medical equipment, supplies and services to our patients/clients. We also believe that our patients, their families and caregivers are to be treated with dignity and respect. MedCare Equipment Company takes its role as a home medical equipment company most seriously. As a result, you have the right to:
- Considerate, respectful and competent service.
- Information about our service in a form that you and/or your family can reasonably be expected to understand.
- Appropriate service regardless of your race, color, religion or natural origin.
- Participate in decisions regarding your care.
- Every consideration of privacy concerning your personal medical care program. All information pertaining to your care will be kept confidential.
- Good quality service and high professional standards that is continually maintained and reviewed
- Expect that all personnel are supervised by qualified persons. Supervisor can be contacted by calling 800-503-5554 during regular working hours.
- To have our property treated with respect
- An explanation of any rules and regulations of the company pertaining to your service. This includes the right to be fully informed in advance about the items and services for which you are responsible.
- An explanation of your bill.
- Be informed upon the start of services, of the company mechanism for receiving, reviewing and resolving complaints made by clients. You will not be subject to discrimination by reprisal as a result of filing a complaint.
- Refuse all or part of your care to the extent permitted by law. You will be informed of the possible consequences of such action.
- Recognize the rights of patients to have appropriate assessment for pain management regarding respiratory issues.
- Assess the existence and, if so, the nature and intensity of the pain for respiratory issues.
- Record the results of the assessment in a way that facilitates regular reassessment and follow-up of pain management for respiratory issues.
Give accurate and complete health information concerning your past illness, hospitalization, medication, allergies and
other pertinent items.
- Be at home at the time of the scheduled visit by the home delivery staff and/or respiratory therapist.
- Learn how to use the equipment and perform procedures relevant to the use of equipment. Such procedures include,
but are not limited to, the cleaning and maintenance for equipment as well as the proper storage of equipment and
- Arrange for the services of a caretaker to be responsible for learning and assisting you with the use of equipment if
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Report any problem with equipment immediately as instructed by the home delivery staff. Twenty-four hour emergency service is available by calling 800-503-5554.
- Adhere to your home care plan of service/care/treatment.
- Fulfill and adhere to insurance carrier requirements, governmental rules and regulations, and financial obligations,
associated with the services, equipment and/or supplies provided.
- Contact MedCare Equipment Company whenever you are hospitalized.
- Contact MedCare Equipment Company whenever you receive a change in your home care prescription.
- Contact MedCare Equipment Company prior to any change of address.
- Contact MedCare Equipment Company if you acquire any infectious disease during the time you are receiving services
from MedCare Equipment Company.
- Inform MedCare Equipment Company of any ongoing and/or reoccurring pain for respiratory issues.
If you should have a complaint or wish to discuss a problem, please call 800-503-5554 and ask for the manager. Our office is
open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.